The Cathedral Church of St. James is an Anglican cathedral at 106 King Street East, at the corner of Church Street. It is the location of the oldest congregation in the city, with the parish being established in 1797. The cathedral, with construction beginning in 1850 and opening for services on June 19, 1853, was one of the largest buildings in the city at that time. It was designed by Frederick William Cumberland and is a prime example of Gothic Revival architecture.

The Cathedral has been designated as an Ontario Heritage Property by the Ministry of Culture and also designated as a heritage site by Heritage Toronto.

St. George’s Chapel in St. James Cathedral
St. George’s Chapel was dedicated in 1936, and the organ was overhauled at that time. It is a 30-seat Chapel. A design overview of St. George’s Chapel can be found here.